CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: COVID-19 grants now available to fishermen & seafood businesses
The Fishmongers’ Company’s Fisheries Charitable Trust (FCFCT) and Seafarers UK, with a group of trusted partners, have developed the COVID-19 Rapid Response Grant Programme (RRGP). For further details go to: http://fishonfriday.org.uk/grants/
The Rapid Response fund seeks to assist food charities, fishing and seafood businesses:
1. Seeking diversification opportunities for seafood and fisheries businesses
2. Promoting the consumption or sale of local seafood
3. Providing community meals using seafood
Recognising the need for cooperation among fish merchants, fishers and buyers, we will prioritise initiatives that demonstrate collaborative working among stakeholders.
Due to the highly competitive nature of this programme, preference will be given to applications under £10,000.
Grants are available as follows:
– Up to £4,000 for applications where the main beneficiary is a single registered company
– Up to £10,000 for community-focused projects involving multiple companies or stakeholders
– Up to £25,000 for scalable projects and initiatives that support multiple businesses, stakeholders and benefit communities (i.e. Fishing Associations, Auctions / Markets, Producer Organisations)
Application Guidance Notes http://fishonfriday.org.uk/covid-19-rapid-response-grant-programme-grant-guidelines/
Deadline date for first round of applications is 24th of April.