A full update can be found at: https://welshfishermansassociation.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/EQaRguZQYpVDqxJmM_IFJ5gBc3n1dBQ9f2ruP3pv55FHuw
The update details the latest information, support and resources from Seafish and includes:
• An easy to use ‘Covid-19 Government Support Measures for the UK seafood industry’ tool, to help seafood businesses identify which financial support schemes from the UK Government and devolved administrations they may be eligible for.
• Critical worker certificates for fishermen and foreshore gathers.
• Critical worker certificates for individuals working in the onshore sector.
• Funding towards online courses in food hygiene and health and safety by remote learning, as well as bivalve purification and food authenticity by video conferencing.
• Free online tutor support and assessments for Seafish Online Training courses in navigation, engineering and stability awareness (thanks to funding from the Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) and Trinity House).
• Guidance and marketing materials to support fishermen selling their catch.
• An online, interactive map of active seafood businesses offering online and telephone orders to consumers. If you would like your business added to this map please contact email@example.com
• Regular UK Covid-19 e-alerts are being sent out to Seafish’s ‘The Catch’ newsletter mailing list.
The UK Government Self Employment Income Support Scheme opened for applications on 13/05/20.
The Welsh Government Fisheries Grant to support fishing businesses in Wales will close to new applications on 31st May 2020. If you have any queries contact Welsh Government via MarineEvidenceandTech@gov.wales or by calling 0300 062 5004.
Information about other packages of support from Welsh Government. If your fishing business is ineligible for government support please contact Jane Devereux at NWales@fishermensmission.org.uk or on 07825 688 730, for information on alternative support that might be available to you.
The Fishmongers’ Company’s Fisheries Charitable Trust and Seafarers UK COVID-19 Rapid Response Grant Programme (RRGP) for fishing and seafood businesses, plus food charities, continues to provide funding. Supported activities include: i) Diversification due to Covid-19, ii) Promotion of consumption or sale of local seafood, and / or iii) Provision of community meals using seafood. The deadline for the third round of applications is midday 21st May 2020.
UK Fishing Animateurs can advise and support individuals and businesses in the fishing industry applying for the above Covid-19 Rapid Response Grant Programme and government funding. Advice and support can be accessed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling / texting 07534 580 450.
The Menter a Busnes Port to Plate project continues to raise awareness and promote Welsh seafood businesses that are still trading during this difficult time. If you would like your business to be included in this activity please contact email@example.com
Fishermen and businesses selling direct to the public in North Wales can promote themselves via the North Wales FLAG North Wales Fish Direct facebook page.
The Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) have published guidance on fishermen’s training requirements and MIN 612 (M+F) Amendment 2 regarding the survey and certification of UK vessels during the COVID-19 pandemic.