Welsh Government Fisheries Grant opens 23 April
A new Welsh Government grant to support fishing businesses during the ongoing COVID-19 opens for applications on Thursday 23 April.
The following note has come from Welsh Government:
Welsh Government recognise that Fishing businesses have been hit hard by the crisis. This grant is targeted at vessel owning fishing businesses, to ensure they are able to cover their costs during this difficult time.
The new grant will:
- Help cover fixed costs associated with owning a fishing vessel and will be based on the size of vessel owned;
- Will be calculated by vessel size, with a maximum payment of £10,000;
- Open to all active fishing businesses with Welsh-licensed vessels and recorded sales of £10,000 or more in 2019, and all eligible fishers will be provided with a one off payment;
- All vessels applying for the scheme will be required to be currently licensed by the Welsh Government.
- Recipients must not be eligible for funding from other COVID-19 financial support (for example the Economic Resilience Fund), that overlaps/compensates for the same loss. This excludes the Self-employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS)
If you are eligible to apply:
- Register online with Rural Payments Wales (RPW). This webpage will help you complete your application and will be available from tomorrow.
- Grant awards will made into your account within 10 working days of a successful application.
Completed applications must be submitted by 31 May 2020. If you have any queries get in touch with the team via the mailbox: MarineEvidenceandTech@gov.wales or by calling 0300 062 5004 from Thursday onwards.